Thursday, December 10, 2015

How Much Can I Eat on the 21 Day Fix?

When I talk to people about the 21 Day Fix, I often hear things like:

"Oh I can't diet.  I need a lot of food."
"I don't like diet food."
"Those containers are so small!"

So I thought I'd take the time today to show you just how much I get to eat on the 21 Day Fix.

If you read my last post, you may remember that I mentioned that I am in the lowest container group for the 21DF.  Let me remind you of the containers if you don't remember.

Red - Proteins
Green - Veggies
Purple - Fruits
Yellow - Carbs/Starches
Blue - Healthy Fats
Orange - Seeds/Dressings
Teaspoons - Nut butters, Oils

In that lowest container group, I get 4 reds, 3 greens, 2 purples, 2 yellows, 1 blue, 1 orange, and 2 teaspoons every single day.  Now that may not seem like much, but let me walk to through my food intake on a typical day.

Breakfast - Vegan Chocolate Shakeology with Coconut Extract and Caramel Extract - 1 Red


Snack - Green Tea with 2 packets of Stevia, Apple, Lightly Salted Sunflower Kernels (not pictured) - 1 Purple, 1 Orange


Lunch - Homemade Chicken Nuggets with Cous Cous and Broccoli - 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green


Snack - Celery with Natural Peanut Butter - 1 Green, 2 Teaspoons


Dinner - Beef Cubes, Sweet Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli - 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green


Snack - Greek Yogurt with Frozen Grapes - 1 Red, 1 Purple


That's all in ONE DAY in the LOWEST container group.  When I was in the next group up, I struggled to eat all of that food.  I can't even imagine being in the higher container groups.  As you can see, I don't eat diet foods.  That stuff is seriously gross.  I eat whole, natural, non-processed foods.  I take the time to meal prep and cook good food.  I then measure out the appropriate portions and chow down. 

Anyone can do this.  You just have to have to want to do it.  It's important to note that THIS IS NOT A DIET!  This is simply learning which foods fuel your body the best and proper portion control.  It truly is a lifestyle change.  But it is one that you will enjoy and lead a healthier life with.

Want more info?  Comment below or send me a message!  I'd love to help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment