Wednesday, November 25, 2015

How I Plan to Survive Thanksgiving.... WITHOUT Gaining Weight!

Thanksgiving is tomorrow... and we all know what that means!  FOOD!!!  And well, I love food.  But I don't plan on gaining weight this holiday season, so I need to make sure I have a plan in place for tomorrow.

How do I plan on staying on track tomorrow?


My 21 Day Fix containers and my workout!  Tomorrow is Pilates (which I have a love/hate relationship with).  I think I'll also do 10 Minute Abs some time tomorrow.

We have two dinners to go to tomorrow, so there's a lot of potential for disaster.  As I said in my last post, I get 4 proteins/reds, 3 veggies/greens, 2 fruits/purples, 2 carbs/yellows, 1 healthy fat/blues, 1 seeds & dressings/orange, and 2 teaspoons in one day.  I will, of course, have my Shakeology in the morning before I go and I'll probably use some extract in it so that'll count as 1 red and nothing else.

Our first dinner is with my family.  I am going to have 1 red container of turkey, 1 green of veggies (whatever that may be), 1 yellow container of stuffing, and 1 purple and blue apple banana muffin that I am making to take along.  I think I'll also have half of an orange container of gravy to liven up my turkey a bit since I'm not a huge turkey fan.  That'll leave me with 2 reds, 2 greens, 1 yellow, 1 purple, 1/2 of an orange and 2 teaspoons left for the day.

Our next dinner will be with Peter's immediate family.  I plan on having another red container of turkey, a green of asparagus, my last yellow will be sweet potatoes, the other half an orange of gravy, and I'm going to have a sliver of pumpkin pie because it's all about moderation, not deprivation.

The great thing is that I will still have a red, a green, a purple, and 2 teaspoons left after dinner!  Since I'm on this restricted sleep schedule, I'll be able to have a snack around 9pm of yogurt with fruit and celery with peanut butter!  Yum!

So there you have it - how I plan to stay on track for Thanksgiving!  It's totally possible to still enjoy all of the yummy foods available, but not go overboard.  What's important is to do your best to stay on the plan and make sure that your workout gets done.

Have a super good Thanksgiving everyone!

 http://www.tprojects.org/public/images/free-thanksgiving-banner-printable-decorations.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment