Thursday, October 29, 2015

Why I Became a Beachbody Coach

 
So... Beachbody.  Have you heard of it?  If you haven't heard of that name specifically, maybe you HAVE heard of some of the programs... P90X, Insanity, 21 Day Fix, etc.  Those are just some of the better known ones.

I know what you're thinking.  Why the heck would someone like ANNIE (who used to be known for sleeping until noon and avoiding all kinds of physical activity) become a Beachbody Coach?  Well, before we get there, let me tell you why I started doing a Beachbody program in the first place.

This girl right here:

Here's some back story for you.  Heather and I were friends since junior high.  We met when I transferred schools in 7th grade and were friends all through high school (with some minor hiccups.... sorry about the whole stealing your boyfriend thing... :-/) and kind of lost touch once we started college.  We occasionally ran into each other or talked every once in awhile.  So, shortly before the February 2014 picture was taken, I ran into Heather when Peter and I were out to eat.  We talked a bit and caught up and I didn't see her for awhile.  Then, scrolling through my Facebook page like a year and a few months later, I see a picture of Heather that looks very similar to the May 2015 one and I was like "WHOA WAIT A MINUTE!  What the heck is going on here?"  So, of course I messaged her to see how the heck she lost so much weight and to tell her how great she looked!

She started telling me about this program called the 21 Day Fix and about how she was a Beachbody coach.  As she's telling me about it, all I can think about is the price.  At the time, I was barely able to pay my bills on my salary, so the thought of spending money on something that I might not stick to wasn't very appealing to me.  I did some research about the portion sizes and started without owning the actual program.  I did lose weight, but I was lacking the workouts. I talked to Heather and ended up getting a subscription to Beachbody on Demand.  I LOVED it!  I get bored easily, so being able to choose a different program whenever I wanted was really worth it.  I did eventually end up getting the actual 21 Day Fix program and, to be honest, I wish I would have gotten it right off the bat.  The workouts are great and I always feel good afterwards.  Plus, the containers are just so stinken' cute!  I also started drinking Shakeology after a friend gave me 2 boxes that she no longer needed.  Now I'm on a monthly home direct order!  I love the stuff... but the benefits of Shakeology are for another post.
Fast forward to August 2015.  I had lost about 25 pounds by that point and knew that the program truly worked.  I saw the things that Heather did as a coach and had a sit down with her and another friend to learn more about being a coach.  I realized that I could help other people achieve great results while I was also being held accountable by those people.  It doesn't hurt that Beachbody also gives a commission to their coaches with each sale.

So why do I continue to be a Beachbody coach?  Aside from the commission, I also get a 25% discount on my monthly Shakeology purchase and on any other Beachbody products that I want to buy.  All of that is great, but the best part is being able to help other people achieve results that they never thought were possible.  One of the people I've gotten to help is my mom.  She has lost nearly 20 pounds so far and has many health problems that are going away or getting better because she has chosen to live a healthier lifestyle.  She's the main reason that I continue on this journey as a coach.  Each day, I am reminded why I do this and am inspired by her to continue helping others.

Another reason that I love this company is because they stress the importance of personal development.  It is recommended to get AT LEAST 10 minutes of personal development a day.  My coach group also stresses the importance of faith in your business.  As a Christian woman, I LOVE this!  It's so important to me that God be first in my life, so the fact that this is also a part of my business is a real bonus in my book!

When I first heard about coaching, I thought that maybe I would just be a "discount" coach - someone who signs up as a coach just for the discount.  However, I'm so glad that I decided to take that leap of faith and be a part-time coach.  Here's to one day being a full-time coach!

If you would like to learn more about being a coach, follow this link and fill out this form.  I will get in contact with you soon!

I'm interested in learning more about being a Beachbody Coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment