Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Three Day Refresh - An Honest Review

Last week, I did the Beachbody 3 Day Refresh.... and let me tell you - I was a little terrified before I started.  You see, the thing is, you can only eat certain foods and you drink shakes and stuff like that... and well... I really like food.  Like, a lot.  (Hence why I was previously overweight....)



When the box came in the mail, I dug right in to see what it was all about.  I had a general idea because I knew a few people who had done it, but you know how it is, you have to see for yourself.  It comes with a handy little book that tells you what to eat and when.  You're basically eating/drinking something every 1-2 hours, so I felt a little better about after seeing that.  I was scared I was going to starve!  In the back of the book, it gives you a list of exactly what foods are approved and you can choose what you like.



My days generally went like this:

Wake Up - Drink 8 ounces filtered water.
Breakfast - Shakeology + fruit option
Morning Tea - Unsweetened green tea
Mid-Morning - Fiber Sweep
Lunch - Vanilla Fresh + fruit option + vegetable option + healthy fat option
Afternoon Snack - Vegetable option

Afternoon Tea - Unsweetened herbal tea
Dinner - Vanilla Fresh + Dinner Option + 1 cup organic vegetable broth
Evening Tea - Unsweetened herbal tea


Now you're probably wondering what in the world the Fiber Sweep and Vanilla Fresh are like.... so here's my honest opinion of the two:
 *Fiber Sweep - It was really hard to get down. On day 2, I gagged, but I knew I was doing it for good reasons.  Its not like it tasted horrible, it was just a texture thing for me.  It tended to be a little gritty.
*Vanilla Fresh - I liked this!  You're given the option to add pure extracts and things like cinnamon or ginger to it to help liven it up a bit.  I ended up really liking vanilla extract, caramel extract, and cinnamon in mine.  It made it really yummy and I found myself looking forward to having them.  If you like Vanilla Shakeology, this is similar!

What I experienced DURING the 3 Day Refresh:
*I wasn't any more hungry than I normally am.  That being said, I am in the lowest container group for the 21 Day Fix, so if I were in a higher group, I may have been a little more hungry than normal.
*Carb Withdrawal - Listen.  I'm a recovering carb-oholic.  Me & carbs = LOVE!  Lots of people cut out carbs completely when they want to lose weight.... that wasn't even an option for me!  That's why I'm so glad the 21 Day Fix lets me have carbs.... but that's for next weeks' post.  The only thing I REALLY struggled with was not having carbs for 3 whole days.  It got to the point that on Wednesday night, I was telling my friends that I couldn't talk to them anymore because I had to go to sleep so I could wake up and eat carbs.... and I did.  And they were DELICIOUS!
*The book recommends that you do more toned-down exercises and don't push yourself too hard because you're taking in less calories that normal.  2 of the 3 days, I did my normal exercises, one day I skipped because I had a full schedule (shh... don't tell Autumn Calabrese!).  On the days I did the normal exercises, I still felt pretty good and up to it, so that's why I didn't tone anything down

My Results: 
In those 3 days, I lost 2 inches in my hips and a little over 3 pounds.  I was absolutely AMAZED!  I did not expect my results to be THAT GOOD in just three days! 
Would I do it again?
ABSOLUTELY!  It was so worth it.  I actually already have it on auto-ship for every 3 months.  I think it's great for after the holidays or any time that you find that you've indulged in something and need to refresh your health.  Afterall, it is ONLY three days....

Give it a try!  Follow these links to try it yourself.  These will also sign me up as your FREE coach!!
Three Day Refresh Complete Kit
Three Day Refresh without Shakeology - Only use this one if you already have Shakeology.  You DEFINITELY need it to do the Refresh.
Three Day Refresh Challenge Pack - This link will get you an ENTIRE months supply of Shakeology!  You end up saving $40 on the 3 Day Refresh kit by doing this option.

No comments:

Post a Comment